Saturday, January 5, 2013

Knowing Me, Knowing You, Ah-Haaaaaa

Today I came home from work, chatted with Rachel for nearly an hour, lifted weights (just for about fifteen minutes, but I DID IT!), watched an engrossing episode of Dateline NBC, chatted with my mom for more than an hour, and spent a couple hours surfing the internet.

And it was awesome!

I found some information on the internet that was really helpful.  Ah, the mighty oracle, offering such pertinent insights.

I found a couple of programs at colleges that allow me to take prerequisites for the master's program I've been looking into.  Yep, lookin' at schools!  I'm getting excited about it but there are still a few steps I need to take before applying.  I have done the online research but it's time to get personal, baby.  So, basically, job shadowing and informational interviews, I guess.  Seeing what it's like post-degree to make sure it's a career I could see myself being happy in.  So, until I get to that point... we'll just keep it nice and quiet.

There is beauty in answers.  Beauty in knowing what I want.  Today I realized that it's impossible for me to know what I want about everything all the time.  But I can know some things.  And it's empowering to say aloud that I know what I want.  Such as: I want my career to be something that aligns with my personal values.  So perhaps I don't yet know what that career is.  But I at least know one possible path, and I know what I need to to to figure out if it's what I should go for, and I know what I need to do to apply to programs if I decide it's the right thing for me.

There is beauty in questions as well.  But lately I've felt an abundance of questions.  It feels like there will always be an abundance of questions, so some certainty is welcome.  This day, a sigh of relief instead of exasperation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment