Saturday, January 5, 2013

Total Body Rubdown

Today I woke up, showered, and went to a free yoga class.  I struggled a bit through it, my hands slipping on the mat, my back aching during some of the poses.  But I made it through, then got a cappuccino and tofu green chile breakfast burrito.  Struggling through yoga class was the last straw though... I caved and called to book myself a same-day massage appointment.  My back has been hurting for nearly two months, due to my never-ending cough. 

The beautiful moment for today is the moment when, maybe twenty or even thirty minutes into my massage, I felt myself completely relax.  My breathing was even and my mind was slipping off into that pre-dreamland state.  I think it would take at least three more massages before I could completely rid myself of the tension in my back, neck and shoulders, but this is a start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment