Monday, January 14, 2013

What It Is

"What is the difference between imagination and memory? Which is stronger?" - Lynda Barry

This is a quote from the book "What It Is" which my mom bought for me when she had a discount at Barnes and Noble. Such a thoughtful and unexpected gift. She gave it to me when I came home for Thanksgiving but I am just now starting to read it. Explore it, really... it's got pictures!

I have been having a difficult time focusing on positive things the past few days.  I'm not sure how much to share. No one reads this but maybe someday people will.  Would that even matter?

Anyway, I was trying to think of what beautiful thing I discovered today, and everything seemed sort of lackluster, and I wanted to just do a cop-out and say, "My cat is beautiful." Then my eyes fell upon this book, and I opened it and was immediately excited again.  Awakened.  

Whenever I am feeling run down, I should always try to remember what comforts and awakens me. Reading. Writing. Music. Nurturing my creative soul. These things won't let me down. I'm longing for a canvas and some paints.

I'm still not feeling particularly chipper, but at least now I know what it is I am going to do. Off to bed with a book in hand. 


No comments:

Post a Comment