Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The First Thing

I just got home from the Lumineers New Years Eve show at the Ogden Theater.  I pulled up Facebook on my computer to make some kind of "Happy New Year, here's what awesome thing I just did, and here's my resolution" post.  I wrote something about ringing in the new year with beautiful live music.  And then I started thinking about how to explain my resolution.

I'd started thinking about my resolution when I got a calendar from Target that had one line for every day.  I thought I could write one thing for every day.  But what would that one thing be?  A new word I'd learned, a new thing I'd done, one descriptive word for my day, a five word sentence telling something good that happened?  At dinner earlier this evening I'd blurted out that my resolution was to do one awesome thing every day.  And that was sort of it.... but not quite right still.


Then I went back to the sentence I'd just written about beautiful music.  And that's when I thought - something beautiful every day.  Every single day, whether it is something I make, or see, or hear, or be.  Something beautiful every single day.  Can this blog be the very first thing?  I just wanted a space for it to be, a space to hold myself accountable, a place to write more than one line if my heart so desired, or a place to post a picture if the something can be captured in a photograph.

So this is the first something beautiful, this blog, this space, which will hold a piece of each of these future beautiful somethings.  So here's to bringing more beauty into the world, and to observing and reflecting on the abundant beauty that already is. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment